Remove this ad

Turno

Lead

May 30 17 8:42 AM

Tags : :

A few years ago two senators presented their project to converge different regions into bigger ones. Only Sicily, Sardinia and Lombardy are left unchanged, while  Rome region  becames smaller

IMO some of these makes sense, for example " Triveneto" is  often mentioned in the press. Also the split of Lazio with Viterbo to Tuscany and Frosinone to Campania seems logic.
Others are meh, in particular I don't get why Marche should be split between Abruzzo and Emilia

what is your opinion ?

Last Edited By: Turno May 30 17 8:47 AM. Edited 1 time

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

blue

#3 [url]

Jun 1 17 1:59 AM

What the French did, cutting the number of regions from 22 to 13, makes things simpler.  The proposed Italian model would make it 12 instead of what, 20?  So on those grounds I would think it was a good idea.

Quote    Reply   

Hainix

#4 [url]

Jun 1 17 8:48 AM

I think it's a good idea.

Sicily, Sardinia, Ponente, Levante, and Tirrenica could be classified as Southern Italy. With Adriatica it's more iffy.

Quote    Reply   

Turno

#5 [url]

Jun 1 17 11:40 AM

blue wrote:
What the French did, cutting the number of regions from 22 to 13, makes things simpler.  The proposed Italian model would make it 12 instead of what, 20?  So on those grounds I would think it was a good idea.

The main difference between Italy's and France's regions is that in the latter there are no region with Autonomy ( Corsica has something vaguely similar, but nothing comparable to what exists in Italy) .

So the bigggest problem is that the elites of  Valle D'Aosta, Friuli and Trentino Alto Adige- especially the german speakers of Bolzano-  would vehemently protest if by becoming part of a bigger region they lose this privilege they often defend

Quote    Reply   

blue

#6 [url]

Jun 2 17 5:21 AM

It would be better if the UK had official regions too.  Instead we just have about 50 counties, which is too much to remember for Brits let alone foreigners who want to learn about our country.  A county is sort of in between a region and a province I suppose.  Of course we also have the "countries within a country" situation in the UK, with England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Augustus

#7 [url]

Jun 2 17 7:42 PM

I don't like it, I don't want Isernia/Molise grouped with these regions.

I'm really against all this i hope they don't change it. Before Abruzzo and Molise were one i can see this region becoming one single region again.

Last Edited By: Augustus Jun 2 17 7:47 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

Turno

#8 [url]

Jun 3 17 12:38 AM

Augustus wrote:
I don't like it, I don't want Isernia/Molise grouped with these regions.

I'm really against all this i hope they don't change it. Before Abruzzo and Molise were one i can see this region becoming one single region again.

It won't happen, nobody is talking about it anymore. 

@Blue 
Britain seems to be less  organized than other northern euro countries or even some central euro ones like Austria

Quote    Reply   

blue

#9 [url]

Jun 3 17 3:50 AM

Well we have always had the animosity between the north and south of England and from the smaller "countries" towards England.  There has always been a feeling that London has far too much power and the north and midlands are neglected.  In fact there is even big hostility between people in neighbouring cities.  The best example is Liverpool and Manchester who have always been in competition with each other over industry, culture, football, music etc.  Even though they are geographically very close, they could never unite into one region.

Quote    Reply   

Chiavone

#12 [url]

Jun 4 17 10:20 AM

Brennus wrote:
13 regions

Drawn over modern borders:

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help